Perhaps you should start with the manifesto.
I’m Dave Wiskus, a musician from Denver, Colorado. I also design software, have a blog, and co-host a popular podcast. But right now let’s focus on the music thing.
This whole project is an experiment and a work in progress. But the idea is that I’m going to write and record music and put it on the Internet. Let’s take all this technology and turn it into stuff. What could possibly go wrong?
You know what this about page is missing? Some legal copy:
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Demos will always be free with the option to give me money. Studio tracks might not be, but we’ll monetize that bridge when we come to it.
- Logic Pro X
- Various WaveArts plugins
- Vesper (for lyrics)
- MacBook Pro 13″ (Retina)
- iPhone 5
- Apogee Jam
- Moleskine (for lyrics and notes)
- Zebra pens (for lyrics, notes, and smudges)
- Fender Telecaster HS (one in black, one in grey)
- Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue (though usually I record direct-in)
- Big Muff
- Boss DS-1
- Comically large SKB pedal board
- Taylor 314ce acoustic
- White Fender picks (heavy)
- Ibanez 5-string Ergodyne bass
- M-Audio Keystation 49e
- Blue Spark Digital USB Mic